Sunday 23 February 2014

Another crochet project

So hubby is attempting to make his own ginger beer from scratch...it's smelling really good so far but part of the process was that the ginger had to sit in a jar for up to 7 days...so all instructions said to put a doily on top of the jar...so in my whole crochet obsession right now I decided to attempt to make one for him to use...
Using this gorgeous book I got from mum and dad for christmas I used a pattern for this doily from it...this shows about half way done...my first time at using very thin cotton and small hook so it took a bit of getting used to...but I eventually got the hang of it...

The end result was better then I expected...I blocked it out for the rest of the afternoon and it turned out excellent...very happy with the results
This is what it's being used for my husbands attempt at ginger beer the first stage...
Now that that is done I'm off to try and catch up with my mood blanket I'm a bit behind due to family things that have happened in the past few weeks....
 Happy crafting everyone
Xoxo

No comments: